By Noreen Doll.
Create a fun easy Peek a Boo Santa to delight tots.
What’s in Santa’s pack? Peek a boo!
He would make a fun stocking stuffer, Christmas party prize, or a great craft for kids to make.
Craft Foam – pink, white, red, and black.
Bit of twine, string, or ribbon
Quick Dry Tacky Glue
Paper to make a pattern
How to Make a Peek a Boo Santa.
1. Draw a paper pattern. I sketched how I wanted the finished Santa to look and made a pattern from that.
I drew the beard and mustache together as 1 piece.
Cut the pattern pieces out.
2. Trace the pattern pieces onto craft foam. Cut them out.
3. Cut white craft foam circles for Santa’ s eyes and pompom. Punch small black dots for the eye pupils. Cut a red circle for the nose.
4. Glue Santa together.
Glue the beard / mustache to the lower face. Add the nose just above it. Add the eyes just above the nose.
Glue the white edge and pompom to the hat.
Carefully glue the hat to the top of the head.
Set Santa’s head aside to dry.
5. Cut Santa’s pack from the black foam.
Find the vertical center and draw a light line from top to bottom on the center line.
Cut the pack into two pieces on the center line.
6. Tie a knot in a piece of twine and cut as shown.
Glue the twine to the neck of the pack. Let dry and trim the ends.
7. Punch a hole centered in the bottom of Santa’s beard.
8. Overlap the pack pieces and mark holes to match the one in Santa’s beard.
Punch the holes.
9. Put a brad through 1 side of Santa’s pack, then the other side of his pack, and then through the hole in Santa’s beard.
Use a black Sharpie to color the brad to match the bag color.
Open the brad ends, but not too tight. It needs to be loose enough to allow the pack to open and close.