by Noreen Doll.
Toddlers can easily make this paper plate heart decoration if you prepare it ahead of time.
What You Need
1 Paper Plate
Paint or markers to color the center heart
Colored Tissue Paper, cut into lots of 2 inch squares
Piece of colored yarn
What You Do
This Valentine decoration can be easily made by a toddler with a bit of help.
1. Cut a heart out of the center of a paper plate before your tot is ready to start crafting. Cut out a lot of 2 inch squares of colored tissue paper.
2. Let your child paint the center heart and attach stickers after it dries.
3. Make a small puddle of white glue on a plastic lid.
4. Scrunch small pieces of colored tissue paper (a 2 year old will LOVE this part!) and show your toddler how to dip the pieces in glue and attach to the edge part of the paper plate until it is completely covered, for a heart shaped wreath.
5. Punch a hole in the bottom of the heart wreath and the top of the painted heart.
6. Attach one end of a short piece of colored yarn to the bottom of the heart wreath and the other end to the top of the painted heart.
7. Attach another piece of yarn to the top of the wreath and hang.