By Noreen Doll.
Note paper toddlers can make for Mom is a fun and easy Mothers Day gift for toddlers to create.
This particular set of note paper toddlers can make for Mom was made for a Mom who loves green, trees, and leaves. She loves this notepaper so much that she uses them very stingily because she can’t bear to part with them.
These stamped sheets can be made into a memo pad, note card set, or stationery sheets. Plan ahead for how you want the end result, and then cut the paper to size before your youngster stamps it.
There are many ways your child can decorate a set. They can stamp like the set above, color with crayons or markers, add stickers, make cute thumb print designs, finger paint, or any other way you can think of that a small child can decorate a piece of paper.
A large piece of paper can be finger painted, and after it is dry can be cut into the smaller size pieces needed for note paper toddlers can make for Mom for a Mothers Day gift.
The above set was done with various sizes of paper because the Mom wanted them for different lengths of notes she might wish to write.
These memo sheets or note cards are so quick and easy to make, your child can easily do several of them.
Have fun creating this special gift of note paper toddlers can make for Mom, with your child, knowing that the recipient will love receiving it.
And, as always when working with very young children, have everything ready to go before the child is ready to start.
What You Need
Paper – cut to the size needed for your project
Stamp Pad & Stamps
Crayons or Markers
Envelopes, if needed for Note Cards or Stationery
What You Do
For this project I’m going to show how to make the sheets for notes, memos, or stationery.
1. Cut the sheets to the size you need for the notes. If you are going to pad them, they will all need to be the same size.
Using colored sheets for stationery is very nice. You can cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper in half for a nice size page for stationery.
2. Lay out 6 or 8 sheets and explain to your child that he/she needs to stamp each one once. If a sheet gets more than one stamp, it won’t hurt.
It doesn’t matter where on the sheet the stamp lands, Mom or Grandma is going to love it anyway! That’s part of the charm of gifts made by little ones.
3. As soon as a sheet is stamped, move it away to dry and put a clean one in it’s place.
4. After they are all stamped, place them in a note card box (with envelopes if they are being used as stationery).
The box can be stamped with the same stamp to pull it all together as a set. Most kids will stamp all over the box if given the least encouragement!
5. Tie the box with a pretty ribbon and give it to Mom for a Mothers Day gift.
Note Card Variation
1. Cut card stock to size. A good size to use is made by cutting an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock in half. Fold the half sheet in half to make the note card.
2. Have the youngster decorate the front of the note card. It might be fun to put their thumb or fingerprint on the back where the copyright mark goes.
3. Stack the note cards on top of a stack of envelopes in a box sized to fit. The box may be decorated to match the note cards.