By Noreen Doll.
I wanted some napkin rings for a special occasion but didn’t want to spend a whole lot of money.
So I visited a favorite source for crafting supplies – the Dollar Store.
I found a package of 6 shiny silver (plastic) napkin rings that were perfect for this project.
For an easy way to cover these rings, I turned to duct tape.
How to Do a Napkin Ring Makeover.
1. Unroll a short length of duct tape from the roll.
2. Place one edge of the duct tape along one edge of the napkin ring.
3. Continue to wrap the duct tape around the napkin ring, keeping the edges aligned.
4. Cut the duct tape long enough to allow a short overlap of the edges.
5. Finish wrapping the duct tape.
If you need to adjust the tape, it is easy to unwrap it from the napkin ring and rewrap it to smooth the tape.
6. You will have extra duct tape on the opposite side of the aligned edges.
7. Carefully cut the duct tape on each corner in to the edge of the napkin ring.
8. Gently fold each edge of the duct tape into the center of the napkin ring,
and firmly smooth down.
And here’s the napkin ring in action.