By Noreen Doll.
Make a quick lunchbag gift bag for an easy gift wrap for small gifts.
I made several Post-It Note holders to give as gifts and I needed some small sized gift bags in which to wrap them.
I also wanted to wrap them quickly and inexpensively.
So I turned to one of my favorite gift wrapping ideas – a small brown lunchbag. You can usually get 40 or 50 of them for around $1.
I had a roll of wrapping paper that had Christmas pictures in rectangles that were perfect for cutting out and attaching to the gift bags.
You could definitely use the front of a Christmas card or other greeting card to decorate the bag instead of wrapping paper.
What You Need
Wrapping Paper – with a design that can be cut out
Double Sided Tape
Decorative Edge Scissors
Ribbon or Twine – to tie the bag closed
What You Do
1. Choose paper with a design you want to use.
2. With decorative scissors cut a nice edge around the shape.
3. Decide where on the bag you want to place the design. Be sure to leave enough room at the top to allow you to turn the top edge down. (About 3 1/4 inches)
4. Apply double sided tape around all the edges of your design and a piece in the center. Attach the design where you want it on the gift bag.
5. Make a fold about 1 3/4 inch down from the top and fold the flap toward the back.
6. Find the center at the top of the bag and punch two holes about equal distance on each side of the center – through all 4 thicknesses of the bag.
7. Put your gift in the lunchbag gift bag. Add ribbon or twine through the two holes so it can be tied at the front.
8. I cut a small tag out of craft paper and added the recipient’s name. I tied it into the twine when I tied the lunchbag gift bag shut.
This would be an easy project for kids. They can cut out pictures, add stickers or draw on the bags.
The top of the gift bag could be folded toward the front if you want that look.
White or other color lunchbags can be substituted for brown ones.
Shamrock Lunchbag Gift Bag: I just used 3 green hearts, cut a green stem, and added a button.
To make several of the lunchbag gift bag at once, do them in assembly line fashion. Cut all the designs out at one time. Apply all the designs in the next step. Fold down the tops and punch them in one step. Add the gifts and tie the bags in the final step.