By Noreen Doll.
Wouldn’t it be nice to make your own tags, so you could have them any size or color you wanted?
Here’s how to make tags quickly and easily.
Card Stock or Manilla Folders
Paper Punches – 3/4 inch, 1/2 inch and 1/4 inch
How to make Tags.
1. Determine the size you want to make your tags.
The tags I made are 2 1/2 inches by 5 inches. 2 1/4 inches by 4 inches. And 1 3/4 inches by 3 inches.
Cut the rectangles.
2. Decide how much of the top corners you want to cut off.
Look at various tags to see how they are done.
I cut only a small amount off each corner, but I have made tags with larger amounts removed, too.
3. Use a ruler to make a diagonal line on one top corner of the tag.
Cut it off.
4. Flip the corner piece you cut off over and lay it on the opposite top corner of the tag.
Draw a line along the edge of the corner piece.
Cut the corner off on the line.
5. Using the 3/4 inch punch or the 1/2 inch punch, cut a circle in a contrasting color.
I use the 3/4 inch punch for larger tags and the 1/2 inch punch for smaller tags.
6. Glue the circle in the center of the tag near the top as shown. Let dry.
7. Use the 1/4 inch punch to punch a hole in the center of the circle.
The tag is finished.
If you are going to make a lot of tags, use cereal box cardboard to make one tag, flipping the first corner over
to make the second corner.
As you can see on this tag template, I made the diagonals deeper so the tag is much narrower at the top.
Then trace the corner shapes onto other rectangles to create tags.
Instead of putting the ring around the hole, you can just punch a hole in the top of the tag, as I’ve done on the template.
Trace the hole on the tag so you will know where to punch.