By Noreen Doll.
Peeps are so popular, and it’s fun to craft with them, too.
Here’s an easy way to make your own Peep Stamp,
which you can use over and over for many different projects.
1 Candy Peep
Cereal Cardboard or other Cardboard
Double Sided Tape or Aleene’s Tack-it Over & Over
Hard Plastic Item for Back of Peep, such as a lid or stamp block
White Card Stock or Cardboard
How to Make a Peep Stamp.
1. Lay a peep on the cardboard and draw around it.
Or draw a peep. Real peeps are about 3 inches high and 1 3/8 inches wide.
2. Cut out the cardboard peep.
3. Lay the cardboard peep pattern on a piece of craft foam and trace around it. Make 2 of these.
Cut them out.
4. Lay one craft foam peep on top of the other one, and glue them together. Let dry.
5. Lay the glued peep on a hard plastic surface, such as a large lid, plastic stamping block, or the plastic lid to a deck of cards (which I used).
Use double sided tape or Aleene’s Tack-it Over and Over to attach the peep to the plastic back.
The peep stamp is ready to be used.
1. Cut 2 1/2 inch by 4 inch rectangles from white cardboard or card stock.
2. Using colored ink or paint, stamp a peep onto the tag.
Add tiny dots for the eyes and nose.
3. To shape the tag, cut off one of the top corners.
Turn the cut piece over and lay it on the other top corner of the tag. Draw a line where the edge is.
Cut off the second corner.
4. Punch a hole in the center top of the tag.
5. Attach a ribbon, cord or twine through the hole.
Other Ideas for Your Peep Stamp.
1. Stamp a peep, cut it out, punch a hole in one ear, and add a ribbon tor a tag. Add eyes and nose with the fine tip of a marker.
2. Stamp lots of peeps in different colors and cut them out. Add dots for eyes and nose.
Punch a hole near the top of each ear.
Use the holes in the ears to string the bunnies on ribbon or twine.
3. Trace around the cardboard pattern on a sheet of paper.
Kids can color the peeps and cut them out.
4. Kids can stamp peeps onto butcher paper or newsprint to make wrapping paper. Or just have fun stamping with them.
You could use the plastic blocks that hold stamps to back your peep.
Tags don’t have to be white, they can be any color.