By Noreen Doll.
Shamrocks can be a bit tricky to make look nice and even, but here’s an easy way to make a shamrock.
All you need is one heart, and you can make any size shamrock depending on the size of heart you use.
Here’s how you do it.
1 Heart (How to make a heart pattern.)
1 Sheet of Paper
Pencil with Eraser
An Easy Way to Make a Shamrock.
1. The best heart to use is one that isn’t too wide or puffy.
Place the heart on the paper, centered, near the top of the sheet.
2. Draw around the heart.
3. Place the heart on the left side of the traced heart with the point overlapping the point of the first heart.
Trace the second heart.
4. Place the heart on the right side of the traced heart with the point toward the center and overlapping the first heart.
Trace the third heart.
5. Remove the heart and gently erase the overlapping lines in the center of the hearts.
6. Adjust the outer edges if necessary. You may need to make the vee at the top of each heart more shallow, so it’s not so pointed.
7. Draw a stem as shown.
8. Cut out the shamrock and trace it onto cereal box cardboard or milk jug plastic.
It is ready to trace, and can be used over and over.
Use a larger or smaller heart to make a larger or smaller shamrock.