By Noreen Doll.
Easy Chicken Skillet is a dish we like to make.
One package of 7 chicken breasts makes enough for one meal now and one to freeze for later.
It takes a few extra minutes to cut the chicken breasts up, but it’s quite a bit cheaper than buying chicken tenders.
And because we marinate the chicken, it’s nice and tender when we eat it.
Chicken Breasts – Package of 7 makes 2 meals for us.
1 Bottle of Italian Dressing
1. Cut the chicken breasts into pieces that are 2 or 3 inches long and about an inch wide.
2. Put the cut chicken pieces into a gallon ziplock bag (or 2 bags if you are going to freeze one).
3. Pour 1/2 cup of Italian Dressing into each bag. Close the bag.
Squish the chicken around in the dressing so it’s all covered.
4. Set the bag aside for about an hour to marinate.
I usually set it in a bowl in the refrigerator.
5. Repeat with the second bag of chicken, squeeze out most of the air, and put it in the freezer.
6. After the chicken has marinated, put it in a large frying pan.
I lift it out of the marinade to put it in the pan. It’s okay if some of the marinade comes along with the chicken.
7. Cook the chicken on high keeping an eye on it.
As the liquid starts to cook off, you need to start turning the chicken so it doesn’t burn.
Turn the heat down to medium.
8. Keep cooking and turning the chicken until the liquid has all cooked off and the chicken is nice and brown.
Serve with rice and a vegetable.
We start the white long grain rice about 10 or 15 minutes before we start cooking the chicken so it will be ready when the chicken is.
And here it is – ready to eat.
Some of us don’t like our food to touch each other.