By Noreen Doll.
Wouldn’t it be fun to set a Dollar Bill Turkey at each place setting on your Thanksgiving table! Or to set one at each of the kid’s places.
They’re very easy to make, and I like to add features to them.
Crisp Dollar Bill
Craft Foam, Felt, or Card Stock Scraps
Double Sided Tape
How to Make a Dollar Bill Turkey.
1. Fold the dollar bill in half. Crease.
2. Fold the left edge under about 3/8 of an inch, and crease the fold.
3. Fan fold the left half of the dollar bill, creasing well, until you reach the crease in the middle.
4. Fold just the fan end of the dollar bill in half and crease it in the center.
5. Bring the edges of the fan together,
and fold the edges over together in a tiny fold – twice.
6. Fold the side edge of the other end of the dollar bill up to meet the top edge, so they are evenly aligned.
7. Fold the point at the upper right down to the point at the lower left of the triangle.
8. Fold the triangle at its base until it is straight up,
leaving a small gap between the triangle and the fan.
9. Fold the tip of the triangle away from the fan to make a small triangle.
You can be finished with the dollar bill turkey here,
or you can add features.
10. From craft foam, cut a tiny orange triangle for the beak, a red wattle, and punch 2 small black eyes.
Attach with double sided tape.
In step 5, double sided tape could be used to hold the fan edges together, instead of folding them.
These turkeys can also be made without adding the craft foam features.