By Noreen Doll.
DIY adhesive magnets are quick and easy to make and fun for kids to use.
You can use up scraps of paper with cute pictures.
They are great party favors, or a great party craft for kids to make at a Halloween gathering.
They are so quick and cheap to make, that they would be perfect “trick or treat” hand outs.
And they would also be great stocking stuffers or Easter basket fillers.
- Business Card Magnets or other flat sheet type magnets.
This is what a single magnet looks like, with the paper partly peeled away. It is 2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.
- Paper with small colorful pictures
- Plain colored paper.
How to Make DIY Adhesive Magnets.
1. Choose the pictures you will adhere.
This group of small pictures is perfect for making several magnets at once – it made 8.
2. Draw around the magnet on the paper. Cut it out.
3. Peel the paper off the magnet and carefully attach the picture(s) to it.
Rub firmly across the whole surface to be sure the paper has adhered well.
Turn the magnet over and trim off any excess paper from around the edges.
4. Cut around the pictures to separate them.
I just cut these apart as they were already framed and usable.
How to Make a DIY Adhesive Magnet with a Single Picture.
1. Cut a rectangle around the picture you want to use.
2. Attach the rectangle to a piece of a business card magnet that is the same size.
Press firmly all over to adhere well.
3. Using scissors, cut around the shape you want to use.
To Adhere Stickers – Two ways.
1. Attach a sticker to the sticky side of the magnet.
Cut the excess magnet off around the sticker.
2. Cut a piece of coordinating paper larger than the sticker in a shape you like.
Attach the paper to a magnet and trim around it if necessary.
Attach the sticker to the paper on the magnet.
Instead of using the whole rectangle, you could cut a small rectangle just around the bear.
Kids can draw pictures that can be cut out and adhered to the magnets.
If you do this, outline a shape the size of the magnet and have kids draw inside it. This way the drawing will be sure to fit the magnet.