By Noreen Doll.
Don’t forget your cell phone!
How many times have you forgotten to tuck your cell phone into your bag, only to discover, when you’re well away from home, that you don’t have it?
That isn’t going to happen to me again!
I created a way to always remember to take my cell phone with me.
I made this cardboard reminder that sticks way up out of my bag so it’s impossible to close my bag.
I don’t remove the reminder until I actually tuck the phone into its spot.
Then I lay the reminder where I always keep my cell phone when I’m at home.
When I get back, I put the phone in its spot and stick the reminder back in my bag.
And, of course, being a crafter, I can’t have a plain brown cardboard reminder, so I made mine colorful.
I like the typewriter image for this project because I think of it as vintage texting.
Colorful Paper Scraps
Mod Podge or White Glue
How to Make a Cell Phone Reminder.
1. Cut the cardboard.
Because I like mine sturdy and know it will get a lot of use, I used 2 layers of cardboard.
This can be cereal box cardboard if that’s what you have. And if you aren’t going to add anything else, use a fun or funky part of the box and put the colorful part on the outside of your reminder.
You can use any length or width, depending on what size your cardboard is (I used scraps), and how tall your bag is.
One Cell Phone Reminder is 2 1/4 inches x 8 1/2 inches. The other is 1 1/2 inches x 9 inches.
You want it tall enough to stick out of the top of the bag by 2 or 3 inches and not fall over where it can’t be seen.
2. Glue the 2 layers of cardboard together. Let dry.
3. Cut pretty paper to fit both sides of the cardboard – or one side if that’s all you feel needs to be covered.
4. Cover the wrong side of the paper with Mod Podge and attach it to one side of the cardboard. Press down to adhere well.
Coat the top of the paper with Mod Podge. Let dry.
5. Add a second coat on top of the first coat of Mod Podge. Let dry.
More coats of Mod Podge may be added, or you can stop with 2 coats.
6. If you have paper for the second side of the cardboard, follow steps 4 and 5 to attach it.
Let the Cell Phone Reminder dry over night before using it.