By Noreen Doll.
You can make fun candy carrots for favors on your Easter table.
They are perfect for using with marshmallow bunnies, or dinner rolls in the shape of bunnies.
Making them is like using play dough, so kids can help craft them.
They would make a fun April Fool food, too.
Green Gum Drops
How to Make Candy Carrots.
1. Pick up a circus peanut and warm it a little in your hands.
Then roll it between your hands or on a piece of wax paper to elongate it and flatten out the indentations on it.
2. Roll one end thinner and shape it into a rounded point, like the carrot on the right.
3 With a table knife, make lines in the carrot to imitate those in a real carrot.
4. Using a green gum drop, roll it into an elongated shape.
5. With a sharp knife or kitchen scissors, cut the green shape in half the long way, almost all the way to the end, as shown on the left in the photo below.
Cut each long half into half again, so the gumdrop piece looks like the one on the right in the photo above.
6. Using the tip of a knife, make a hole in the large end of the carrot shaped circus peanut.
Make the hole large enough and deep enough to insert the closed end of the gumdrop.
7. Gently work the gumdrop into the circus peanut. Because both are a little sticky, they should stay together.
8. If the leaf ends of the gumdrop are too sticky, coat them with sugar.