By Noreen Doll.
Create a Bunny Long Legs for a centerpiece or to stand on a shelf.
He can be made different sizes by changing the size of the styrofoam egg you use.
The egg I used is about 3 inches high, and the bunny is about 6 inches high.
1 Styrofoam Egg
1 Styrofoam Ball – for Big Bunny Feet
1 White Pipe Cleaner
Craft Foam Scraps
Small Pink Pompom
2 Wiggly Eyes
Paper for Origami Basket
Small Eggs to fill Basket
Very Fine Black Marker
How to Make Bunny Long Legs.
1. Use the sharp end of the skewer to make a hole all the way through the egg where the arms will be.
Insert the pipe cleaner and bend for arms and hands. I made a loop at each end of the pipe cleaner for hands.
2. Cut the styrofoam ball in half to make 2 bunny feet.
3. Use one end of the skewer to make 3 indentations on one side of the ball to create toes.
Use the black marker to make fine black lines inside the indentations.
4. Poke holes in the bottom of the egg where the skewers will go.
Cut the skewer into leg pieces – about 3 1/2 half inches long. (Longer if you are making a larger bunny.)
5. Put one end of the skewer in the leg hole in the egg and the other end into one foot.
Repeat with the other leg.
Adjust the skewers until the bunny can stand on its own.
6. Fill the leg and foot holes with White Tacky Glue and then insert the skewers.
7. Draw ears on a piece of white craft foam. Cut them out.
Use a light pink marker to color the center of the ears.
8. Lay the ears face down.
Break off a toothpick to fit the back of the ears + 1/2 inch to poke down into the bunny’s head.
Lay a bead of tacky glue on the back of each ear and lay the toothpick in it.
9. Make a small pink nose from craft foam or use a small pink pompom.
10. Glue the nose on the bunny head first and then glue the 2 eyes just above it.
Use a marker to draw the mouth.
11. Glue a small pink pompom on the back for the tail.
Use a 4 inch square piece of scrapbooking paper to make an origami Easter basket.
For the handle, cut a piece of paper that is 1/2 inch by 6 inches. Fold it in half lengthwise.
Add a few tiny eggs to the basket and hang it over Bunny Long Leg’s arm.